Vitamin C serum is a skincare product that contains a concentrated form of Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid. It is a popular addition to skincare routines given its proven benefits to skin. Lotus Herbals presents one of the best Vitamin C Serum-based products. This Lotus WhiteGlow Vitamin-C Radiance range provides the perfect Vitamin C-packed daily regime for bright, blemish-free, glowing skin.
Benefits of Vitamin C
- Antioxidant properties: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the skin from free radicals and UV rays that can damage skin cells and contribute to ageing.
- Brightening and evening out skin tone: Vitamin C reduces the appearance of dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone, giving the skin a brighter and even complexion, given that it has a bleaching property.
- Collagen Production: Vitamin C is crucial in collagen synthesis, a protein that helps maintain the skin’s elasticity and firmness. By stimulating collagen production, it can help even out the skin’s texture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sun damage protection: While Vitamin C cannot replace sunscreen, it can provide an additional defense against sun damage. It can help neutralize free radicals generated by UV exposure and minimize the harmful effects of sun exposure on the skin.
How to use:
- Cleanse your face with the Lotus WhiteGlow Vitamin-C Radiance face wash in a circular motion to make sure your face is clean and free from any excess oil, impurities, or makeup residue.
- Exfoliation, if not every day, at least once or twice a week, is essential to unclog pores blocked by oil and dust. The Lotus Vitamin-C Radiance Exfoliator is a paraben-free and sulphate-free exfoliator that refreshes dull skin and helps the better absorption of other skincare products that are a part of the skincare regime.
- To apply Vitamin C serum to your face, take a few drops of the WhiteGlow Vitamin-C + Gold Radiance Serum on your fingertips and gently massage it into your face and neck. Start with a small amount and gradually increase the amount if necessary. Avoid the area around the eyes as it may irritate. This serum prevents early signs of ageing and dark spots and accelerates the skin renewal. Allow the serum to penetrate the skin before applying other skincare products, such as moisturiser or sunscreen
- Application of moisturizer and sunscreen are the most crucial steps of any skincare regime. Therefore, it is recommended to never skip these, whether indoors or outdoors. Lotus WhiteGlow Vitamin-C Radiance Crème SPF I 20+++ can enhance the skin’s protection against sun damage while moisturizing it at the same time. The dual benefit along with Its key Vitamin C-rich ingredients, obtained from Yuzu lemon and Kakadu plum extracts, visibly reduce hyperpigmentation and dark spots, and pump the skin with moisture. For the best results, use this product in combination with the Lotus WhiteGlow Vitamin-C Radiance + Gold Radiance Face Oil, a radiance-boosting oil infused with Vitamin C and 24K gold leaves.
- Get your radiant glow back by using the Lotus WhiteGlow Vitamin-C Masque, enriched with rare magical ingredients, such as extracts from the Kakadu plum, which contain 100x more Vitamin C than an orange and Yuzu lemon. Apply the masque at least one a week using a circular motion, apply the masque and allow it to work its magic. Wash off after 5–10 minutes.
Important considerations while choosing a Vitamin C serum
- Stability: Vitamin C can be unstable and prone to oxidation. Look for Vitamin C serums with stable forms of Vitamin C, such as ascorbic acid, ascorbyl palmitate, or magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, and preferably paraben- and sulphate-free.
- Concentration: Vitamin C serums come in different concentrations, typically 10% to 20%. Start with a lower concentration if you are new to using Vitamin C serums, and gradually work up to higher concentrations depending on how your skin tolerates it.
- Sensitivity: Some individuals may experience mild sensitivity/irritation when using a Vitamin C serum. It is best to perform a patch test before using it on the face.
- Storage: To prolong the effectiveness of a Vitamin C serum, store away from direct sunlight in a dark and cool place. Make sure to close the bottle tightly after each use.
It is worth noting that Vitamin C serum benefits vary from individual to individual. If you have specific skin concerns or conditions, it is best to consult with a dermatologist or skincare professional for personalized advice.